Current ministries and ruling elders :
Administration and Property – managing the affairs for the congregation such as
overseeing payroll matters, facility maintenance, supplies and taking care of various business functions.
Compassion – developing evangelism, witness, outreach, special offerings, mission and other programs that help us more effectively connect with our community and grow
Worship – supporting the religious practice and spiritual growth of the congregation.
Susan Marum, Clerk of Session
Grand Avenue Presbyterian Church was organized on November 8, 1900 as the College Park Presbyterian Church, in response to the need for a Presbyterian congregation in close proximity to Austin College. Its first pastor was the college’s president at the time, Dr. Thomas S. Clyce. Under his leadership, the new mission built its first building on the corner of Grand Avenue and College Street. In 1914, the church adopted its present name, and sought to enlarge its ministry to both the adjacent campus and the larger community. When the demands of a growing congregation began to outstrip its space, the church initiated an ambitious building program at the same location. This resulted in the Fellowship Hall and East Wing, built in 1956; and the Sanctuary and West Wing, built in 1961.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Grayson County has their office with us.
For more information call 903-893-0009,
or visit them on the web at www.graysonhabitat.org,
or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Avenue Presbyterian Church’s Governing Body is the Session .
The stated session meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 pm.
Moderator: Rev. Dr. Lander L Bethel
Melinda Burkholder, Secretary
Deborah Clements, Music Director
Masako Narikawa, Pianist
Jack Mealy, Church Treasurer
Handicap accessible building and bathroom. Accessible seating in sanctuary.
Copyright © Grand Avenue Presbyterian Church. All rights reserved.
Grand Avenue Presbyterian Church